Friday, May 23, 2014

Body Painting for Frenta TVC (Indonesia)

Oh well it's gonna be a late post.
But I have a reason for that. Because I don't wanna spoil the commercial to public before it's out.. :P

Before the shoot, we had to do a makeup test first.
To see the difficulties and to see how much time we need per kid.
Because I had to do body painting for 5 kids.
Not the whole body. Only the upper body. The shirt part.
The makeup test went well. And I knew I had to make logo stencils to make it faster on the shooting day.



And… on the shooting day..
It was sooo hectic so I didn't have much chance to snap some picture.
I had Ikky and Nana in my team and we had to be on the set very early in the morning. Like…. very early. 5am.

I started painting at 6am and had to deal with some energic boys.. You know kids right.. it was not easy to ask them sit still.

All the work finished by 8am and the shooting started.
First scene. And there came my nitemare.
The director ask his men to pour a glass of water before the boys started to run just to get the sweat effect. Then all the masterpiece I did with my team just gone in a sec :'(

If only I knew they need this sweat effect.. I could make them artificial sweat.
That body painting wont smudged away by the sweat. Won't smudge away just by few drops of water. But a glass of water… and for more than 20 takes.. that meant 20 glass per kids… :)))

That was when we were exhausted because we had to touch them up for every take.. and the time given for touch up only 5 minutes!!



But… I was so grateful for this opportunity. For this experience.
Everybody knows how I love makeup. So I did this job happily. Tired. But happy. Here's the vlog and the TVC of Frenta.



2 comments: